This is a post about surprisingly well dressed cyberpunk dudes, blog memes and books. I haven't written anything for a while here and once again Berry's Monday meme helped with my writer's block. This time you have to answer a few questions related to your literary preferences and since I'm a big fan of the cyberpunk genre, I thought it was quite fitting for the pic I had ready.
- Are you a bookworm? I used to be quite the bookworm when I was younger (I started reading really early as a kid) but nowadays not so much.
- Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic? Hardcover. They look better, smell better and they need no charging. I'm old school like that.
- Which book is your favorite? I don't really have a favorite book because I've liked so many over the years. I could say Lovecraft's works for their influence over their genre, Gibson's Neuromancer for pretty much the same reason and anything by Arthur Clarke but still there are so many more.
- Which children’s book is your favorite? This is easier to answer because despite all the books I 've read as a kid, two book series were my absolute favorites. The first was Three Investigators, a kid detective book series (prologued by the man himself, Alfred Hitchcock) that I was in love with. The second were of course the infamous Goosebumps.
- What’s the last book you’ve read? An old horror fiction classic called The King in Yellow. Blame HBO's True Detective for that.
- Name your top five favorite writers: This one is hard. I'd say H.P Lovecraft, Arthur Clarke, Edgar Allan Poe, Jules Verne and Philip K. Dick. There are many modern day writers I like but I prefer mentioning the classics since they pretty much defined their genres.
- Name a book that had a strong impact on you: Fifty shades of grey. I kinda knew people are stupid but 90 million copies later I was sure of it.
- Favorite & least favorite book genres? Well as you can tell from the answers above I'm a big fan of science fiction, mystery and horror. Non fiction bores me and I would choose torture over having to read any kind of romance novel.
- Favorite & least favorite book-to-movie adaptations? Despite many claims to the contrary I really liked the way Lord of the Rings was adapted to the big screen. I'm very lenient with book-to-movie renditions because I realize the difficulty behind them but I have to say War of the Worlds was a really bad one (even as a loose adaptation). I just hate Tom Cruise too.
- Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? Yes, especially as a kid.
- Where do you usually buy your books? From the biggest bookstore in the city center. My parents used to take me there as a kid and it just stuck.
- Do you go to the library? No.
- How many books do you own? Several hundreds but I haven't read them all. I have a bookcase the size of a room wall which includes many of my late uncle's books. I don't think I will ever manage to read everything in there.
- If you were to write a book about Second Life, which topic would you focus on? SLex, duh.
Skin : ~Tableau Vivant~ David skin
Hat : Epia - Fedora "NEW"
Mask : Contraption - Mono S-23 visor "NEW" @ Futurewave
Coat : FATEwear - Dave
Pose by Del May