• Geek's Playroom






    This is a geeky post about geeky decor, geeky events and geeky memes. The Geeks n' Nerds event is open and it's full of geeky awesomeness. On top of that Berry, inspired from the event, has a new meme in her blog aiming to find out more about our geekiness. Geeky questions, answers and credits to follow.

    1. What do you consider yourself to be? Geek? Nerd? Dork? None of the above? All of the above? I can't really answer that for my self. What I can tell you though is that I have a lot of useless information/trivia stored in that head of mine so that may make me a nerd. I also love science fiction, I have played every cRPG worth playing in the past 15 years (Baldur's Gate still wins) and I have a huge pack of Marvel comics gathering dust somewhere. You decide.

    2. What was the first computer you ever owned? An old 386 back in the 90s. It was a gift from my uncle who got a newer one at the time and I was mostly using it to play the original Duke Nukem and Leisure suite Larry (yes, I was a little pervert).

    3. When and how did you first get on the internet? During the age of ICQ, trying to score chicks in my early teens.

    4. Which geek fandom do you subscribe to? I can't really subscribe to any fan group but I know I love the Star Wars expanded universe (comics, novels, games) and I used to like Marvel universe (the original one, not the crappy movies one) but I haven't really followed the latter for a long time.

    5. Star Trek or Star Wars? Since I am a sci-fi geek I like both but I am more of a SW fan. Not the typical SW fanboy though since (as mentioned before) I am not really a fan of the movies but I love the way darker and more interesting expanded universe. I mean you have this awesome source material with lightsaber duels, space knights, space mages and all you do in the prequels is make three crappy movies about boring space politics and Jar Jar Binks. I 'll pass. Also Han shot first.

    And now credits:

    Chair & "atari-like" console by Eleventh Hour "NEW" @ Geeks n' Nerds
    "SNES-like console", TV & pacman chair by Cheeky Pea
    Arcade machine by Scarlet Apple (past Arcade item)
    Rug & cube poofs by 22769 - Bauwerk "NEW" @ Geeks n' Nerds
    Cartridges, Cables, Powerstrips, pen holder & monitor by Second Spaces  "NEW" @ Geeks n' Nerds
    Pen holder with globe and metal balls physics thingy by Sari-Sari  "NEW" @ Geeks n' Nerds
    Geek & nerd wall art by Collage  "NEW" @ Geeks n' Nerds
    Desk by Breno
    Scrabble by Scarlet Apple
    Hypno lamp by 7 emporium

    TAXI to Geeks n' Nerds

    2 comments → Geek's Playroom

    1. OMG Duke Nukem and ICQ, you brought back old memories, lol! Thank you. <3

    2. I know right, I'm kinda missing my old 386

    Post a Comment